- Cape Verde
Cape Verde consists of 10 small islands located 450 kilometres off the coast of West Africa [view map]. The key drivers for real estate growth are as follows:
- Very competitive property prices at the start of the overseas investor market
- The start of direct flights between the UK and Praia airport from November 2006 (Currently, TAP fly to the islands from London via Lisbon)
- Tourism predicted to increase
- Strong possibility of inclusion in the European Union
- A stable economy
- A multi-party stable democracy
- The government has launched a number of programmes to encourage inward foreign investment and is developing its real estate development carefully in order to avoid blighting the country’s natural beauty
- The coolest temperatures of any country in West Africa averaging 28°C (83°F) in the summer.
- A country of outstanding natural beauty with clean blue waters and white sandy beaches
What have the Analysts been saying?
‘ There’s every chance that property in Cape Verde will feature strongly as a second home destination in 2006 and beyond’ – Channel 4’s ‘A Place in the Sun’
‘ The opening of the new airport puts Santiago on course to offer imaginative British property investors an excellent financial return’ – ‘Property Investor News’